Monday, February 9, 2009

Cornelius- My eye's more attractive cousin

Ive got the "my eye 'aint my eye no mo" blues.

I've let something horrible happen. It must have been something in the air at the Chinatown movie theater, or the gratuitous amount of sappy girl scenes in He's Just Not That Into You that did it..

Because Saturday I woke up with an ulcer in my right eye.. It's small and unnoticeable to the interns/Washingtonians, but to me the ulcer (a small round white dot on my iris) looks like an extra appendage.

Please don't image google corneal ulcer. That is a terrible idea. I did it only because I was curious to see people like me.. Needless to say, I didn't find any and it was generally a bad experience. But this cheered me up..

My eye is healing up fine now. My strict eye drop schedule is working and my eye is hardly red anymore. :)

In totally unrelated health news: I have some version of the man flu. I'll be okay.. more than okay - now that I have an excuse to sleep and eat all day.

I also have a new story up! My favorite part of the week was researching the effect Asian Carp have had on the Illinois Waterway System. My second favorite part of the week was watching this video - over and over again.

"Mercy sakes alive!"- Bill Dance

"They grow so dog gone fast!" (I don't know the proper spelling of dog gone)

Quick update: the doctor put me on some milky white eye drops.. she said that im getting better but "not outa the woods yet."

Happy Monday!

1 comment: